Here is the HIGHLY anticipated Flower Tutorial for the Verona Apron Collection. Of course, these little beauties can be added to pretty much anything to make it cuter! ..And the fabric options are unlimited, but I’m a little bit partial to my NEW Verona Collection of course!
1. Cut two rectangular pieces of fabric 18” x 5”. One piece will be the front of the flower petals, one piece will be the reverse lining of the petals.
Using the cirlce template, cut a piece of coordinating fabric forthe center of the flower.
2. Using template, trace five petals on the wrong side of lining fabric. Leave 1/2 “ space between petals. Do not cut the pieces out yet!
3. Place the petal lining fabric on rectangle of fabric that will be the front side of the petals. Ensure that right sides are together.
Leave the straight edge open for turning.
5. Without cutting the thread, sew each petal as directed in step 4. Repeat until all five petals are sewn.
Tie a knot in one end of the thread, and leave the needle in the other end.
9. Gently gather the petals along the thread and form them into the flower. Tie the ends of the thread together, then using the needle with thread still attached, make a few stitches across the gathers in the back of the flower to secure the petals.