1. Cut two coordinating pieces of fabric into 17″ circles.
2. Cut two coordinating pieces of fabric into 13″ circles.
3. Cut 1″ square piece of fusible interfacing, iron the interfacing on the back side of one 17″ piece of fabric where the button holes will be.
4. Make two 1/2″ button holes 2″ from the edge of one of the 17″ circles, exactly opposite each other on the circle.
5. To form casing, draw around the circle, 1″ and 2″ from the edge. The inner circle will be approximately 12″ wide, and the outer circle will be approximately 13″ wide. Be certain that the button holes are between the casing.
6. With right sides together, sew the two 17″ circles together, using 1/2″ seam. Trim edges close to seam with pinking shears.
7. Turn right side out and whip stitch the open edges together. Press.
8. Stitch along the two circle paths to create the drawstring casing.
9. To create pockets, sew the two 13″ circles together, right sides together using a 1/2″ seam. Trim the edge with pinking shears. Slash a 2″ hole in the middle of one to turn right side out. Press. Whipstitch the hole closed.
10. Draw pie shaped sections for the pockets, 4 lengths across the circle. This will create 8 pockets total.
11. Center the pocket piece onto the main bag (whipstitched side facing the whipstitched side of the main bag). Stitch along the drawn pocket lines.
12. Cut 1.5 yard piece of decorative cord in half. Using a safety pin, thread the cord through one buttonhole all the way around and out the same button hole.
Repeat with the other piece of cord, entering and exiting in the opposite buttonhole. Tie the cord pieces together at the end, and again two inches from the end of the cord.
Voile! Enjoy a darling drawstring jewelry bag every time you travel!